Often called Phalakasana, the Plank Pose has fully extended arms as opposed to the Low Plank, Chaturanga Dandasana, and will strengthen your core and arms quickly. Holding them for extended periods will build endurance and stamina. Find a Plank variation that suits your current level and start from there. Try to start with 5, maybe even 1 then gradually increase. This looks simple but it’s not! However it is very effective in toning a number of muscles, including hips, waist, abdomen, arms and shoulders. Practice this yoga pose every day if you want to develop toned abs.
- Start in Downward-Facing Dog.
- Shift forward so your shoulders are stacked over your wrists.
- Draw your navel in toward your spine and keep your hips from dropping.
- Reach heels back as you lengthen the crown of your head forward.
- Ground down into hands, pushing the floor away beneath you.
- Lengthen through the arms and broaden your chest.
Calories Burned in 15 minutes
Calories Burned in 40 minutes
Calories Burned in 45 minutes
Calories Burned in 1 hour 15 mins
Calories Burned in 1 hour 30 mins
Calories Burned in 2 hours