From our Popular Recipe results for Courgette
Baked Zucchini with Tomatoes
Serving Size : 4
- 3 zucchini – medium sized
- 2 tomatoes – medium sized
- 1 sweet green pepper – medium
- 1 yellow onion – medium sized
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper – black
- 1/4 cup olive oil
THIS COLORFUL DISH HAS A DISTINCTLY MEDITERRANEAN FLAIR.
SERVE WITH SOMETHING SIMPLE- ROAST CHICKEN, FOR EXAMPLE, OR PASTA AND CHEESE.
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Core, seed and chop pepper.
- Peel and finely chop onion.
- Trim ends off the zucchini and remove the stem end from the tomatoes.
- Cut both vegetables into 1/2-inch slices and arrange them in a buttered 1-or 1 1/2-quart baking dish with their edges overlapping slightly, alternating the tomato with zucchini.
- Scatter the green pepper, onion, salt, and pepper over the slices.
- Drizzle the oil evenly over the vegetables.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake, uncovered, about 25 minutes, or until the squash is crisp-tender.
YOU CAN SUBSTITUTE YELLOW SQUASH.
THIS DISH CAN BE PREPARED AHEAD AND BAKED JUST BEFORE SERVING.
- QUICK, THRIFTY COOKING, READER’S DIGEST.