Recipe Category: Italian
Serving Size : 16
- 2 eggs – separated
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup amaretto
- 1 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup ground pecans
- 2 eggs
- 1 package pillsbury +butter cake mix
- 1 cup powdered sugar – sifted
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 tablespoon cocoa
- 3 teaspoon water
- 2 tablespoon amaretto
- 2 teaspoon ground pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter/margarine – softened
- 6 maraschino cherries
- Heat oven to 350F
- Generously grease a 10″ tube pan.
- In a small bowl, beat 2 egg whites until foamy.
- Gradually add brown sugar; beat until stiff peaks form about 3 minutes.
- Fold in coconut and 1/2 c ground pecans
- Spread meringue on bottom and up sides of pan to within 1 in of top
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, sour cream, 1/2 c amaretto, 1/2 c water, eggs and 2 egg-yolks at low speed until moistened; beat 2 minutes at high speed
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake at 350F for 55 to 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool upright in pan for 10 minutes; loosen sides and invert onto serving plate.
- Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, blend powdered sugar, cocoa, 2 Tb amaretto, margarine, corn syrup and 2 to 4 tsp water until of desired spreading consistency.
- Spoon over top of cake, allowing some to run down sides.
- Garnish with ground pecans and cherries.
- Comes fron “Best of the BAKE Off Contest”, year unknown.
Popular Italian Recipes
Full List of Italian Recipes
Popular Oven Recipes
Full List of Oven Recipes