We have a huge number of herbs and spices and their beneficial use in various ailments, the links are spread across these 5 pages, towards the bottom of the page:
Of all the herbs and spices to choose from my top 5 would be:
As more people become aware of the benefits of apple cider vinegar, it is becoming increasingly popular. It not only aids weight loss by improving digestion and gut health, but it also makes you feel filled for longer.
Apple cider vinegar has been consumed by the Japanese for ages, and it is revered by alternative health gurus and health-concious consumers alike due to it’s restorative qualities. Although apple cider vinegar can lower blood sugar levels, diabetics should be cautious of using apple cider vinegar excessively. Too much vinegar can worsen symptoms of gastroparesis for type one diabetics, so talk to your doctor first, before consuming it regularly.
Indigestion is also something to look out for if consuming a lot of vinegar, as it can cause nausea and heartburn. If you are experiencing these symptoms, lower the volumes of vinegar you are taking and spread it throughout the day.
Makes about 2 cups of vinegar, 1/2 cup of garlic paste
- 3 full bulbs of garlic
- 3 apples of choice, chopped
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups of distilled white or red vinegar
- 1/4 cup of water
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cut off the top 1/3 of each head of garlic.
- Remove the outer layers of skin from the heads of garlic.
- Place the heads of garlic close together surrounded by the apple in a baking dish.
- Pour olive oil over the heads of garlic.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for about 1 hour.
- When individual garlic cloves begin to come out of the skin, remove the aluminum foil.
- Continue to bake until the heads of garlic are golden brown (about 15 minutes).
- Carefully remove the baking dish from oven and cool for 30 minutes.
- Mash the heads of garlic removing any skin and reserve as garlic paste.
- Place the apples and vinegar into 1 or more kilner jars.
- Put the lid on and store your apple cider vinegar in the refrigerator for a week then strain.